Question: Hockey blades on speed skates?

Hi, I hope someone can answer this. I want to get a new pair of ice skates but I want them cut low, like speed skates so I have more maneuverability and can get closer to the ice. But I don't want speed skates because the blades are too long and I'll probably get kicked off for going too fast. So I want to put hockey blades on speed skates. Does anyone know if this is possible or if skates like this are already being sold? Thanks!

36950771521-72ae0ba340-z_orig.jpg
640 x 427 - 56K

Comments

• It's a shame this site is so quite because this is such an exciting project.

If it works, I'll upload some content to YouTube about it, including footage of me using them.

Here are the boots and the ice blades I bought to go on them. One of them is a hockey blade and the other is for figure skating (something I can't do yet).

The only thing not shown is the inline skate frame (with 165mm mount separation) that'll attach to the boot and allow me to either skate with hockey blades or figure skate blades as I choose. I'll buy that when the boots arrive, which should be somewhere near the end of October.

bont_short_track_boots.PNG
    386 x 224 - 108K
    ice_blade_hockey.PNG
    199 x 548 - 142K
    ice_blade_figure.PNG
    188 x 501 - 136K
  • My skates exist!

Here they are all put together. They still need sharpening and baking so I don't know what they're like to skate in yet. With luck, I'll find that out tomorrow.

20221005_200053.jpg
    4608 x 3456 - 7M
  • Ice hockey is a fast-paced sport that requires agility and speed. To stay in the game, players must be able to move rapidly, change directions, and stop on a dime. The typical speed is between 10 and 20 miles per hour (or 16 and 32 kilometers per hour).