Sure-grip LoRide

Anybody see these yet? Today is first day I ever knew of their existence:

https://www.suregrip.com/product-p/sgap.htm

Comments

• Have not seen or heard of these either

"I just love to skate. I found that the more time I put into it, the more enjoyment I got out of it." --Slomo

• I have a pair of these. I mounted them on Sure Grip Suede boots (the Boardwalk). They are really intended for people building custom low-profile skates with dress shoes such as those you see from Stacy Adams and other shoemakers. They are single action and are surprisingly good. If you like the "low profile" feel they definitely deliver. I actually had to remount them due to the skate shop not putting in any risers (huge pain). The plates come with two sets of risers for different sized wheels you might want to use and the screw holes for them are only accessible from the bottom of the plate. This is the plate's biggest weakness. You lose the flexibility of changing the plate height, which is half the reason for wanting to own the plate in the first place. I'm a rhythm & jam skater and I find they do both quite passably. The build quality is really nice with C&C 'd parts and nothing plastic or low-rent. The engraved artistic "Sure Grip" and "LoRide" text on the plate is also very attractive. If you like wheels at 57MM or smaller, you are a "slider", or you want to do a dress-shoe build, I would recommend them.

• @sevenspirals

Are there any noticable disadvantages in rolling on a lowride plate? I'm talkin' the feel of it.

• I had a pair of these years ago, and was excited to roll on them. Unfortunately, the boot and wheels I had made the truck scrape the floor, so I had to send them back. I wouldn't mind ordering them and using them with a pair of dress shoes to get that "Cali/Detroit" roll....