Going from Riedell to Edea

I am looking to switch from a Riedell 297 to an Edea Classica. I am a returning artistic skater from the 80's. Skated Freestyle, Figures and Team Dance in the day. Now I'm back into it mainly skating solo dance and team dance. I guess I want to know if anyone has had any experience with the boot transition. I have been told the Edea boots are better in the long run but they skate totally different. Thanks in advance!!!

Comments

• Hi, when I started skating artistic I got an old used pair of 297s. Then after about a year I switched to the Classica for dance and Fly for freestyle. The Edea has a higher heel than the Riedell 297, and it felt like I was falling forwards when I first used them. Then when I tried my 297s again just for fun, it felt like I was falling backwards because the heel was much lower. I prefer Edea to Riedell for dance, and I use the slightly more stiff Flamenco model now instead of the Classica because I am really hard on my boots and moved to Sohpomore/Jr level dances with deeper edges. If your Classica is new it may feel a bit stiff on the sides but you'll find that bending is actually easier due to the design of the tongue. I wouldn't go back to Riedell, only Harlick if I needed a full leather boot but I prefer the lightweight style of the Edea and Risport skates.

• I found the heals too high on Edea boots, literally cut 3/8" off the heels, they were perfect after that.