Artistic skating outdoors: which wheels ?

Hi everyone,

I started doing more artistic skating (prior to that I was just trail skating, therefore I won soft wheels /78A-85A) in outdoors so mainly on concrete.

I figured I needed hard wheels to get the slide necessary to do certain moves (3 turns as an exemple). When I ordered my artistic skates they came with Star HD84 wheels (which are probably the HARDEST wheels): obviously I got the slide thing, but they make my skates very slow (no traction) and with 0 grip, my feet are often going to the side. Obviously on street, they are very noisy and quite inconfortable (I know harder are not going to absorb vibration the same way a softer one can do).

I planning on getting new wheels, but I am still wondering what is the best I can get, knowing that:

1/ I exclusively skate outside (picking up parking lots etc which have a smooth surface)

2/ I am 50kg (110lbs) from what I gathered, light weight skaters should get gripper wheels, but I obviously don't want to compromise the "slide" part too

3/ Still going to use them at least a little bit on streets (hence why they cannot be extra hard)

I've selected these ones so far:

1/ Roll-line MAGNUM in 57mm, they have a medium profile. I thought of a mix of 49D &53D

2/ KOMPLEX angel in 57mm, they also have a medium profile, but they look like they are lighter than the others. Here it could be a mix of 43D & 52D OR 40D & 48D ( for the last one I am not sure if I can get to do what I want in terms of slide and agility given their softer side)

3/ Roll-line GIOTTO in 57mm, they are described as "narrow prole", which is maybe trickier for beginners ? Here, a mix of 49D & 53D

Have you used any of those wheels ?

For those who have done artistic skating outdoors, what hardness would be the best considering my weight ?

And what about the Panther/Mustang/Fox ? Since they are polyurethane, could this be better for outdoors ?

Thank you :)

Comments

• Get magnums, panther mustang fox are good indoors but mostly just preference on the feel.

• To consider is riding style when choosing the best wheel.

- Street skating: A 101A durometer, with a 56mm diameter is hard enough to ride on the streets.

- Vert/Transition skating: A 59mm by 45mm diameter, with a 78a durometer is perfect for this kind of style.....