Need help choosing a trail skate plate

Hello,

So I recently decided to pick up roller skating as a hobby after many, many, years of being off of them and it has become an obsession. I have some Riedell 135's on Fuse plates that I use at the rink currently and I am waiting on a second set of 135's to come in as my dedicated outdoor street/trail skates. These will not be my park skates...I'm already looking at completely different boots for that (I have a problem, I know). Does anyone have any good suggestions for a reliable outdoor/trail plate that can handle bumpy and rough terrain such as asphalt and rough concrete? I live in the midwest and I will mainly use these skates to skate anywhere outdoors that isn't a skatepark and over long distances. I will be honest, I get a little overwhelmed when looking online at the choices and I'm not even sure what I need aside from the fact that I need something that can handle large outdoor wheels if I want to slap those on. I would prefer a plate that will take an adjustable toe stop as opposed to a bolt on. Any help from experienced skaters would be appreciated.

Comments

• If you’re looking for a set of wheels that are strong enough to endure rough asphalt and cracks, you’ve met your match!

I love how these Ricta clouds 78a and 92a hardness wheels make getting over cracks and rough roads such a delight! They slide and revert like hard wheels but cruise fairly well over rocks and rugged concrete. They’re remarkably fast, slick, and when paired with high-performance bearings, seemingly unstoppable! What’s more, its low-key style goes well with any set-up.

• I'm looking for recommendations on a plate, not wheels. But thank you.

• Sorry to bother :(

• Nylon plates may absorb some of the rough vibrations from just skating along, maybe a SG Probe or Bont nylon plate. Otherwise I would personally pick a Roll-Line Mistral or Energy.

• Depends on what action you prefer, but my favorite outdoor plates that are durable but perform well and work with all sizes of wheels (I use taller 78a wheels for outdoors, and not all plates and their kingpins are friendly to those), are Sure Grip Avengers and Pilot Falcons, I've used them outdoors on trails for years, and love them. But I prefer to have responsive plates to carve hills and turns, so I like kingpins that are a little more aggressive. But those plates have both held up incredibly well over the years, to hundreds of miles.