New set up opinions Riedell 135 boot Roll Line plate

I’m going to set up a skate for dance/rhythm skating and slalom. I want the skate to be able to hold edges well on one foot and do very basic jumps and spins/foot work. I’m going to skate outside though as I dont have a way to get to a rink anymore.

I want a boot that has more ankle movement so I think Ill get the Riedell 135s. If you have any experience with these, compared to the Lollys, let me know. I think they are basically the same boot but Riedell is leather lined. Especially on the sizing as I have medium feet and the art boot I have is actually mens, so not sure if the tan ones are the same length.

I’m also not sure on the plate sizing since most my plates are 150mm but Roll line states my plate should be 130mm. I wear a size 5 in mens sizes but I’m a size 7 in women’s shoes. I want something to spin on easily but not too extreme since Ill be skating on asphalt too. I might compromise and do a 140mm.

I’m also not sure how the Roll line plates compare with my needs and the weight differences. I’m extremely light weight so I dont want the heaviest plate but also my wallet is light weight meaning I’m poor lol. Anything above the Mistral is certainly out of my price range.

Thanks!

Comments

• if you look at the best art skaters their plates are really long I prefer long plates myself

• Longer is better for freestyle jump landings. My Evo is a 170 and really stable, I use a 165 energy for dance but also used a 160 dance plate before for some deep edges.

People go up to 2 sizes smaller for loops, 1 size smaller for dance sometimes. Or just normal size lol, doesn't matter much unless you're specializing.