Atlas cushions?

Hi, havent been here for awhile but I have some older Atlas plates. They say MOD. K 95 on them. I want some new soft or at least medium cushions for them. I have black now but would like to have a softer pair. I cant find them anywhere! Just hard ones. Any idea where to get them or how to alter others for these plates? Thanks!

30C1F74F-C394-4824-A167-AF3F43DFD36A.jpeg
3994 x 2469 - 3M
C2601A19-A296-40AC-9138-543B22C41293.jpeg
4013 x 2067 - 2M

Comments

• I have a feeling that all cushions have color-coded hardness so you might not find a softer black cushion. Check this page so you can see the common hardness-es. If you have a skate shop, call 'em and see what will suit you best.

https://www.roller.riedellskates.com/Catalog/Tools-and-Accessories/Plate-Cushions/Magic-Cushions-Universal#undefined2

• Black atlas cushions are medium. They don't make atlas cushions anymore, it will be hard to find good soft ones but conniesskateplace sells NOS atlas parts.

• Btw Riedell cushions will not fit on Atlas plates.

• edited February 2021

Yes I’m quite aware that Riedell cushions will work, nor others, unless you can alter them somehow? But Connies only has hard ones which wont work for me. Thats why I’m asking as literally cannot find them anywhere. The rink where I got the skates from cant find them either which is why I’m wondering if there are ones that I can alter a bit to fit? I’m thinking of getting a roll line plate but I dont know which ones will be best at an affordable price for me. I want to do dancing so I need to be able to hold edges well and the atlas plates now the cushions are getting a bit hard.

• For compulsory dance the Roll-Line Dance and Energy are good. Mistral is the best cheap option.

Yeah if they only have hard ones you won't be able to find soft cushions for Atlas unless you get super lucky. It may be possible to make cushions for them but I'd just get Roll-Line at this point.

• You can also just loosen the action a lot, which you've probably already done. But I find the mediums to be pretty soft with the action loose and have done dance in them. I'm 155lbs though.

• I seriously weigh as much as a child but I’m setting up a set of skates with more flexibility in my ankles for rhythm type of dancing but I also want to get this set up working better for times I want a more stable boot. But it seems I might need to get another plate and I’m pretty poor. I’m getting a new set up pending the stimulus!

• Hi All. I am manufacturing replacement cushions for atlas plates. I have 2 different styles currently. All durometers are available. You can get any color also. You can find me on Facebook or email at customskatecushions@gmail.com and https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100087120064614&mibextid=ZbWKwL

Thank you!