Fo-Mac Wheels

Has anyone used Fo-Mac Wheels outside of a rink (e.g. sport court, painted concrete court, skatepark)?

Fo-Mac Freestyle, Fo-Mac Premiere, Fo-Mac Slicks, Fo-Mac Harmony

Comments

• I did once. It was okay, but I ruined my wheels. (Fo-Mac Harmony). I was skating streets. The small rocks/debris/pebbles got stuck in my wheels. Ugh. They got chewed up.

• Oh, that's interesting; pebbles etc. literally got lodged in the wheel. Fo-Mac wheels require a smooth clean surface. Sorry for your [wheel] loss but did you take pictures?

I took my FMHs to the skatepark but there was too much sensation. I felt the nuances of the relatively smooth concrete surface that I was rolling over. I wasn't able to think about trying to slide (and for the record, I didn't slide) becasue I was busy thinking about the ground I was feeling through the boot.

• No pics. Hahaha, yeah that reminds me of when I used to roller skate outside as a kid. I had some cheap Caldor roller skates and the wheels were also like stone. I remember so many bumps that my eyesight was blurry. However I don't remember pebbles getting lodged in them? That was a while back, memory may be bad.

Even at the roller rink, little things would get stuck on the wheels with FMH's. I think I may trade some old wheels tonight and get my old Harmony's back. Just to play with.