NTS plates that would take 74mm or larger wheels without bite

I recently acquired a set of outdoor test wheels from Mike Elsbury at Anabolix. They measure 74mm diameter x 43mm width with a 29mm contact patch, so they are rounded on both front and back edges. (see photos)

I run a Roll-Line Giotto plate on my skates and the new wheels clear just fine with the tee nut mounting that I have done.

I am looking to put together another pair of skates for outdoor use, and use my current Reidell 911/Roll-Line Giotto setup only for indoor duty. I will most likely go with a Bont Racer Carbon boot. The plate would also need to clear the 74mm wheels. However, this seems easier said than done. Some plates that I have considered that won't work:

Rogua Racer: Their web site says these would only accommodate a 70mm max wheel.

Bont Zeus: Their web site says these would accommodate a 72mm wheel, but after I inquired about the additional 2mm, I received an answer that they probably wouldn't take more than 70mm wheel. (they are going to update their web site to mention this)

So, are there any aluminum NTS plates that would accommodate the 74mm wheels? The new Boen plates seem to be of a lower profile, so I don't think they will work either.

Or should I just get another set of Giotto plates, since I know they will work. I will probably go with a shorter pair of plates than my current pair and mount them centered or slightly forward. I used to have a set of Bont/Snyder Advantage skates that skated better outdoors with a shorter and more forward setup.

51135777-491D-4422-833E-C2873AB6D69F_1_105_c.jpeg
1024 x 768 - 253K
608E41AF-1863-45AA-BD48-237CA5484F6D_1_105_c.jpeg
1024 x 768 - 175K

Indoor Inline: Pinnacle Full Customs | Junk Fury 4x110 | TLTF/Simmons Wheels | NMB

Outdoor Inline: Simmons Full Customs | Junk Fury 4x110 | Junk Wheels | NMB

Quads: Reidell 911 | Roll-Line Giotto | Corey Super-Ds/JG Hubs/B-Skater 71mm Outdoor | Bones Swiss/NMB

Comments

• Instead of trying to find a plate that fits, find a plate you like and add a spacer between the boots and plate. The tee nut mount you have done will let you play with various heights of spacer as well.

• It is no problem.

Just quads.

• Rogua Racer is ok.

Just quads.

• I just got the limited edition BOEN SPEED QRS plate I got bite on 62mm wheels !

they are low profile I will jack the trucks with washers to see if that works

• I run 78mm wheels on my HeBEGB’s

Bonts HDC/HeBeGb 165, HeBeGb Yeager’s 78mm 92A/98A, Bont 167, Aussie Scott Thane (inc cushions)

• I run Kryptonics Route 70's on an outdoor skate which use the Powerdyne Arius Platinum. I doubt they'd run 75mm wheels but they can barely do 70mm without bite, FYI. If you are dead set on this, I'd recommend you look at the trucks for "Quadlines" or other quad skates with oversized trucks to run inline wheels. They appear to easily run 80mm inline wheels and seem as if they could even go bigger.

• I can run 80mm on my custom plates..