Boot covers

Does anyone know the history of covering the boot of your skate with a type of cloth cover? Why is that a thing? It seems like I only see this for professional figure skaters. Just curious if it has a cool story behind it.

Comments

• Art skater here, idk the history at all. I know we use them to protect boots from scuffing, match the color to our competition outfit or match your partner, hide boot scuffing, or in cases when a male skater has a white skate or female has a black skate sometimes they are used to prevent the look of that in competition (though it doesn't matter, people use both now).

• It's just to protect the boot.

• i have very clean and white EdeaClassics... where do i get such "thing"? what is it called?

• Hi,

would the boot covers prevent scuffs from mild slips/falls on a tennis court while practicing?

if so, is there a particular brand/model you recommend?

regards,

Tony

• They would help, but you would rip through them quickly. They are basically all the same so don't worry about branding.

• Thanks

• For Edeas especially, I would recommend putting painters tape/masking tape around the areas of the boot that are most likely to be scuffed or torn (The toe area of the boot, the heel, etc.).

This has worked well with artistic skaters at the roller skating rink I have worked at and so far, has not damaged their skates and they have been doing this for a better part of almost 2 years.