Questions with older skates

So I used to skate alot when I was younger like 20 years ago and I never threw away my skates. On a whim I went skating a year or so ago and now my skates feel wobbly. I'm not sure if it is because I'm older and out of shape or if my skates were junk this whole time and I never realized it. They are Carrera skates, other than that I dont know much about them. Anyone with any ideas as to what my problem could be and how to correct it I would appreciate any input.

Comments

• Those are definitely junk skates, a plastic plate and cheap boot. But pretty good for what they used to cost. They probably feel wobbly because of the cushions. They may either need to be replaced (I think so after 20 years) and/or have the action tightened down until they are not wobbling. Personally I would not trust the plate after that long, and I recommend you get some newer skates.

• Well obviously I've been out of the skating world for quite sometime. So is there anything in particular that I should look for or avoid? Are plastic plates now better than they used to be?

• If you are generally skating, nothing fancy, just cardio. Above 175lbs I would skate a metal plate skate. Nothing expensive unless you catch the skating bug badly.