Treaded wheels

Hey folks, I've been recently skating with suregrip fame wheels 95a, I found them to grippy so I switched to rollerbones team logo 98a which I found much smoother and faster. I recently ordered a pair of rollerbones team logo 101a. The listing stated that these were a smooth texture however when I received them they were treaded. Does anyone have experience with treaded wheels? I'm skating on an indoor concrete rink. Is there a big difference between the two?

Thanks!

Comments

• Sorry I posted it in wrong forum.

• Hi Wiggs70- I moved it to the Quad forum, let me know if you wanted it somewhere else!

• It should make no difference. The tread will distort as you're skating and eventually wear down, and nothing will change. Dance and figure wheels usually have a slight amount of tread, the only difference it makes (that I have noticed) is that the wheels with tread are a bit more slippery and easy to do 1 foot turns on, until you wear the tread off after a few hours of skating.

• Normal wheels hours of skating, Aussie Scott’s months/years of skating.

Bonts HDC/HeBeGb 165, HeBeGb Yeager’s 78mm 92A/98A, Bont 167, Aussie Scott Thane (inc cushions)

• Differences depend on the variables. Tread usually slightly adds resistance, slowing a skater a tiny bit. However on a dusty floor grooves may help with traction, making traction more predictable/reliable. On a clean high grip floor, grooves may not be needed but the feel on setting the skates down or lifting you skates from the floor can feel different.

It also depends on the type of skating and surface.