Looking to Buy New Recreation Skates

Help!

I'm looking for new recreation skates. Basic requirements 125mm wheel size and a longer 3 wheel frame as I more a longer distance/fitness skater than a urban / freestyle skater.

Problems I am having:

1. Local shops don't do a lot in the higher end of the market so looking at the online market which makes online really the only option. The best local skate shop has closed and the alternatives really only seem to offer Powerslide (which I hesitate to look at given the online concerns I have read about quality and longevity).

2. Foot size - I have wide feet (my work shoe is a 7 EEE) and I've been caught before with incorrect sizing (Fila M100 - length okay, width too small). I have custom made speed skates that are comfortable and give me no blister problems compared to current rec skates (old RB8)

Limited options? - so far the only options I can find are:

Rollerblade Maxxum Edge 125mm,

Rollerblade E2 Endurance 125mm,

K2 125mm BOA,

A Bont semi-race boot and frame/wheel (which seem a little extreme for rec skating and bit more expensive compared to others but then you get what you pay for)

I've read Rollerblade runs smaller (0.5 to 1 full size bigger than shoe) for Maxxum. Unsure about the E2 skate and the K2.

Are there any other options I could consider? Maybe a Seba boot on a 3 wheel frame?

The final problem being where to buy as Covid-19 has reduced supply and all the popular sizes are basically sold out.

Thoughts.

Cheers

Comments

• I had Endurance Pro 125 (1st version). They run a little bit small in width and not suitable for high arch feet. Looking at build quality is better than Powerslide. As sizing I wearing shoe size 40 and RB 40,5 fits fine.

From The Netherlands

• I would advise against BOA closure systems. My old K2 Alexis skates had that and it was a nightmare. I had to carry scissors with me just in case the BOA system failed... yet again meaning I couldn't easily gety skate off. Absolutely pain in the rear. Good luck on your new skate hunt.

• Bont has a great deal. For 30USD, they will make you a semi custom boot. You send them a foot tracing, and they make the boot to that.

My feet are quite wide, 26 x 11 cm. Bont was my only choice because they could make something wide enough for me, without it being way too long. I emailed queries to Powerslide and Seba, never got replies. To me 30 bucks is an outstanding bargain. Wish I could do that for all the footwear I buy.

I'm not an experienced skater, I just want to roll down trails mostly. I've skated on my new Semi-Races 2 times so far, and I'm happy with them. I think I would have preferred shorter frames, I haven't quite worked out how to turn these beasts.

• How does semi custom works? just flat shape of your footprint or also arch height?

From The Netherlands

• You can try our website: https://skatesfun.com/

We are a professional roller skating shop, we have all kinds of roller skating shoes.