Who out there started like me, and what did you do about it?

edited December 2023 in Beginner Skaters

So I want to get rollerblading and would like some advice. I have read that there are soft boots and hard boots, and that soft boots are more suitable for beginners. But I also read on inlinecruise.com that hard boots are fine for starters as long as the wheels are 4×80mm and the frame too short. Here's the article.What do you skaters think? Soft boots or hard boots for beginners? Also, can I learn to skate without hiring an instructor, like can I just learn the sh** I needa learn on YY? Skate recommendations? Thanks in advance y'all!

Comments

• Don't go too cheap. It is a long process learning to skate properly. Youtube has good videos on how to learn. Start with 80mm wheels. At leadt buy rollerblade brand. It's decent starter skate. If you quit, you don't lose much money. Expect to pay over $100 for ok skates. Zetra blades will work. Find out what your eu skate size is before buyimg or go to an academy and try on skates to find your fit. Should be snug standing up, but not chocking your feet. If too tight your feet will go to sleep. Hope it helps.