Heat

is there a temp that too hot to skate?? I'm in Connecticut and it's about 85 here my wheels won't melt away right ?

Comments

• I have been skating on desert road (middle east). Very hard for body not for wheels....

From The Netherlands

• Depends on the wheels. I once went skating on a 95 degree day on fresh black top and 80A wheels. It was really slow and not good for the wheels. Other that than case, I've never seen wheels melt down. But then, my wheels are seldom softer than 85A and I seldom skate when it is that hot. Wheels will wear faster when it is hot but not so fast that you can feel it happening as you roll.

• thanks super noob LOL ive come to find that the spots ive seen worn down on my front right wheel has to be due to the way i am breaking or striding :\

• All part of learning. When stopping, angle your skate less than 90 degrees, so the wheels will continue to roll, and keep the wheels flat on the ground. It's easiest to learn by only using the front wheels to brake, but most efficient with all 4 wheels. It takes time to get comfortable and confident.

• Yeah, I do all the timr dragging brake method. Too bad my wheels are not round of shape of couple of sessions😂

From The Netherlands

• Asphalt is always slow. It seems to absorb skating compared to concrete no matter the temp. 90 i assume is in Faren so 35c isn't that bad. I would assume the hotter the surface if it's ridiculously hot you'd go to a harder wheel. Then again the wheel does rotate & is not in contact all the time that would make me think the time of none contact would allow the wheel to cool a little bit. Just like those ghecko things in a desert where they lift a leg every few seconds to aid cooling, allowing them to stay on the sand without burning their feet. Then again when working with very hot items skin does tend to harden in response over time. I've seen this when working in a tyre retreading factory, where workers palms were very hard & they could handle reasonably hot tyres (not directly out of a vulcanise machine lol) hmmmm what was this thread about again :p . I suspect it would take some serious heat to melt even a soft urethane skate tyre/wheel

Faking it till i make it