What selfie stick + gimbal for action camera to shoot oneself skating?

Dear fellow skaters,

I would like to start filming myself for self analysis of my technique (I do inline speed). I have no one to help me with that (no fellow biker or skater). I have two sony action cameras, but no selfie stick. First I wanted to buy just a cheapo selfie stick, but then came across the gimbals and... I got lost. A 3axis stabilised gimbal would be very nice to be able to see the lean angles, etc. which is essential for technique analysis. I want to spend as little money as possible, but don't want some cheap stuff that will break after a couple of days.

On Amazon, etc. I mainly see gimbals for smartphones, which is not something i am looking for. I've found this https://www.amazon.co.uk/FeiyuTech-Handheld-Stabilizer-FDR-X3000-130g-200g/dp/B07K1F6SF7/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Feiyu+G5GS+3-axis+Handheld+gimble+for+Sony&qid=1593646172&sr=8-1

but it comes with some Chineese app that wants to know everything about your phone, reportedly.

Any ideas, hints, experiences would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Romek

Comments

• I should add that it's a sony X1000V camera, which unlike GoPro has the lens within the axis of the camera and needs to be mounted on a standard threaded nut.

I am also wondering if those gimbals actually would allow to turn them so that one can film oneself rather then just what's ahead.

• edited February 2022

To me, GoPro is the best video camera for filming. It’s not a cheap skate camera, but I like it because it does more than merely record videos or take wide-angle photos. GoPro cameras come with advanced features that enhance video and picture quality.