Roll line plate sizing for figures

I got some old freestyle edea boots and want to convert them to a set of skates for circles/loops, since that’s all I can practice with the space I currently have.

My boot is an edea size 245 and I was looking at either the roll-line Saturno or Giotto plates. Would 130 be a good size? I’m thinking 120 might be too short, but I’ve also never trained loops. Any advice on this?

Recommendations for wheels (outdoor concrete skating surface) and cushion softness are also welcome. I’m 52 kg and on the shorter side.

Comments

• If you're looking to do both long figures and loops, I would recommend sticking to the larger size plate.

According to the Roll-Line sizing chart, a 130 should be a good size for long figures, but also slightly smaller than the recommended size for a 245 boot (It's in between sizes), and would work for loops as well.

A lot of good loop skaters like a smaller plate than recommended for loops (so a 120 could work, only for loops), but have separate skates for the long figures. Personally, I train long figures and loops with the same skates, and can still do the loops with a plate of normal recommended sizing.

I highly recommend Boiani Star wheels for figures, in HD80. If the surface you're skating on is particularly rough, HD84 would probably work better. If slick, then HD75. If you need to stick with Roll-Line though, use the Giotto 63mm figure wheels in 58D. If slick, 54D, if rough 61D.

If you want to specialize for loops, the softer Komplex Angel wheels are good as well.

As for cushion softness, in the long figures you usually want them to be hard, in loops you want softer cushions or just loosen the action of the hard cushions. For Roll-Line, I'd use the clear hard cushions for long figures, the blue medium cushions for loops, or possibly a mixture of both with the softer cushion being the one closest to the ground.