Figures/Loops Set Up

I have been using my freestlye/recreational set up for figures and loops since that is all I have available to me at the moment. In the future, I plan on purchasing a set of skates for figures and loops. I have a few questions:

1) Should I buy one pair of skates that can be used for figures and loops, or is it better to buy separate pairs?

2) Is the Edea Rondo with a Variant C plate with 63MM Magnum wheels a good setup for figures and loops? Or should I go with something more traditional. (I am a beginner for figures and loops and can only do figures 111 and sometimes 112)

3) What is the least expensive setup that is still great quality? (For example, not Harlick or SP Teri boots..)

Thank you all for your help in advance!!

Comments

• edited August 2020

If you're that much of a beginner working on the first 2 test figures I would say that's a pretty solid setup. I prefer a stiffer boot and Atlas/Giotto plates for sophomore A figures but I could probably still skate the division with that setup. The issue is you absolutely need a plate without toe stops for figures, and I think those plates have toe stop inserts. Also, until you're in the top half of sophomore or world class figures I wouldn't bother with getting a different set of skates for loops, just adjust the action as needed. Some people's feet cannot handle true loops so it's a good idea to see if you can work your way up to them first.